What is Allegra D?
Allegra D is a drug that combines fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine. Fexofenadine is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of histamine in the body. Allegra D utilizes this combination to treat allergy symptoms. Histamine is the chemical responsible for producing symptoms associated with allergies and the common cold, including watery eyes, a runny nose and itching. Allegra D is a 12 hour time-released tablet that is ingested orally or may also be taken as a liquid.
Allegra D uses pseudoephedrine to decongest the nose; the drug shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Again, Allegra-D is used to treat coughing, sneezing, stuffy or runny nose, itchy or watery eyes, skin rashes, hives, itching and other symptoms attached to the common cold and allergies.
Before taking Allegra D, Allegra D instructions state that you should not use the medication if you have used a Mao inhibitor such as Furoxone, Marplan, Nardil, Eldepryl or Parnate in the previous 2 weeks. Allegra D instructions state combining these two medications could lead to a serious side effect. Allegra D instruction also state that you should not take Allegra D if you suffer from any of the following medical conditions or disorders:
• Kidney disease
• A thyroid Disorder
• Enlarged Prostate
• Problems Urinating
• High Blood Pressure
• Heart Disease
Allegra D Instructions:
Allegra D instructions, which are listed directly on the label, should be followed. If your medical professional offers tinkers with these Allegra D instructions you should follow them. Never go against these Allegra D instructions; taking larger or smaller amounts or for longer as prescribed is not recommended.
Allegra D instructions state that you should take the regular tablet with a full glass of water. Allegra D instructions state that you should not take the pill with any other type of liquid. If you’re using the liquid version, you must shake the oral suspension before measuring a dose. To ensure that you secure the right dose, measure the liquid with a medicine cup or measuring spoon. When taking the orally disintegrating version of the drug please follow these Allegra D instructions:
• Allegra D instructions state that the drug should be kept in its blister pack until you are ready to ingest it. When ready, open the package and peel back the foil from the blister. Allegra d instructions state you should not push the tablet through the foil because it can be damaged.
• Using dry hands, Allegra D instructions, and state that you should remove the tablet and place it in your mouth. The pill will dissolve right away.
• Allegra D instructions remind you that you should now swallow the pill whole; allow it to dissolve without chewing it
• Allegra D instructions state that you should swallow the tablet several times as the tablet dissolves. If you wish, you may drink liquid to help swallow the tablet.
• Allegra D instructions remind you that you should take the tablet on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or after eating a meal.